To all who receive Him, to those who believe in His name, He gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12
There have been times in my life where I have felt lost and confused about who I am and what my role in life is supposed to be. I have been a student, a business woman, a wife, a mother, a teacher and a writer, just to name a few, but in times of transition or failure I can become discouraged. I think, who am I, if I am not a mother, or teacher, or whatever role I am struggling with. I flounder, like a fish out of water, gasping for purpose; wondering who I really am.
I have learned it’s not about identifying myself with the roles I have had, but grasping who I am through the eyes of my Heavenly Father.
For we will never understand our true identity, until we identify ourselves with the person of Jesus Christ.
From God’s point of view: We are…
- Redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ at Calvary.
- Sealed by the Holy Spirit and marked as a child of the living God.
- We are a disciple, a follower of Jesus Christ. Whether we follow from afar or follow up close.
- We are a servant of the living God, whether we serve well or poorly.
- We have been forgiven of our sins and redeemed by the grace of God.
- We have been justified and declared righteous.
- We are God’s beloved.