Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
I feel so anxious right now, I want to hide in my bed and pull the covers over my head. I don’t want to talk to anyone, I don’t want to be nice, and I certainly don’t want to hear what I should be doing! So, what do I do with Philippians 4:6-7?
I am a mature believer, I’ve been following Jesus for a long time, so why do I still get stressed and anxious at times? Maybe Paul is not telling believers they won’t ever get anxious, but giving us some tools (new buzz word) to use, when we do get anxious.
- Stop what you are doing.
- Turn to the Lord in prayer.
- Present this situation, with all the details to your Heavenly Father. Even your bad attitude, (if you have one like I did).
- Thank Him, that He has this situation well in hand, and He will work it out for your good.
- Wait for the Lord’s peace to fill your heart and mind. Think about whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable and praiseworthy (Philippians 4:8). And if you don’t feel some relief from your anxiety, repeat steps 1-4.
- Praise and thank Him again, because He loves you and His Word stands true.
Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for caring if I am anxious or upset. Thank you for your peace that covers any situation when I put my faith and hope in you. I love you Lord. Amen.